Hello Realist Vehicle Art Lovers!
I want to apologize for not getting out my November/December newsletter. Our family suffered the loss of our 92yo nana towards the end of 2017, and my heart was too heavy with grief to write. Christmas brought family from out of state, and my enthusiasm and energy have been renewed.
The above are the 15 paintings I created in 2017. 2017 was the year I painted motorcycles and an airplane as well as cars. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge, and can promise that 2018 will bring even more vehicles to my easel.
Events this month:
- CURRENT EXHIBITIONS: Art Palm Beach Modern & Contemporary International Fair, WTF Exhibition (featuring 15 international realist female artists) with PoetsArtists Magazine and Sirona Fine Art Gallery
- PUBLICATIONS & MEDIA: My work and a brief interview is in the current issue of PoetsArtists Magazine. My studio is also in this article for Buzzfeed. I wrote this article of Manhattan Arts International .
- UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS: I’m so happy to be exhibiting my work at Art for the People Gallery, February 1-April 29, 2018. I’ve long admired this Austin, Texas gallery, and love the opportunity to share my Cadillac El Dorado and Harley Davidson CVO with my fellow Texans. I’m also excited to share that I will be the featured artist for the City of Lubbock annual Art Festival. Each year, the festival features a theme and artist. For 2018, the theme is HOT WHEELS and I have been asked to be the featured artist. Approximately 15 of my original paintings and limited edition signed giclee prints will be on display and available for purchase for the 4 day event. I will be creating a new painting during the fair as well. The fair runs April 12-15, 2018. The toy company, Hot Wheels, will also be at the event going for a Guiness Record for the longest track.
- HARD WORK PAYS OFF…IN ITALY : In 2016, my husband and I had saved to go to England for the Goodwood Festival of Speed. We’ve been saving since we returned, and will be going to Rome, Modena, and Florence the end of April into May. Italy is the home to many vehicle manufacturers: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Vespa, Ducati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Pagani, and Lancia. We plan on taking a LOT of reference photos for my newest racing, hyper, and super vehicle series. My goal is to create an exciting new series of these speedy vehicles, and have my 3rd solo exhibition during F1 2019 (*crossing my fingers*)
- CALENDARS: I had so many folks ask me about calendars, that I did a short run of 60 of them in early December. All of them flew out the door. This may be something I offer at the end of the year. I’m on the fence about going to a big printer. A 4″x8″ desk calendar would cost $20 to the US, $25 international.
- NEW GALLERY REPRESENTATION: I’m so happy to share that my work is now represented by Skidmore Gallery in Santa Monica, California. This wonderful gallery represents contemporary realist artists of today. I’m honored to have my work alongside so many artists I admire.
- ON MY EASEL: I am just starting two new paintings tonight/tomorrow morning. One will be a 4’x4′ vintage racing vehicle. The other will be a 3’x3′ painting of something we all had as kids. I also have an interview tomorrow with Ducati to create a painting from one of their bikes. Lots of work ahead in 2018!
Shown Above: First painting for 2018. A 1969 Porsche 917K. This is the same car that Steve McQueen drove for LeMans. 20″x60″x1.5″, acrylic on canvas. This painting will debut at the Lubbock Art Festival in April.
As always, thank you for your kind emails and replies to my posts. Clearer images of my newest works are on my webpage. My paintings are available for purchase unless otherwise stated that they are in collections. Feel free to contact me regarding purchase and shipping options.
|Limited Edition giclee prints of my Indian Scout Motorcycle, Ford GT, Cadillac El Dorado, Chevrolet Pick Up Truck, and Volkswagen Samba/Kombi Bus are also available on my website. These giclee prints are numbered (only 25 issued), signed, dated, and come with a Letter of Authenticity. Shipping/insurance/signature confirmation is included with giclee pricing.|
NOTE: I love creating personalized commissions. Send me a message regarding pricing and shipping options.
Have a fantastic January & February!