Hello Vehicle Art Lovers!
Hooray for Autumn!
Ah! Thank goodness for cooler temperatures in Austin, Texas. My days are now spent painting in my studio with the windows open.
September and October have been jam-packed with exhibitions, charity, and family. My 2nd solo exhibition, “Chrome to Canvas”, at the Link & Pin Art Gallery, was a wonderful success. The show was featured in: Austin American Statesman and Times Advocate newspapers, American Iron Magazine, Fine Art Today/Fine Art Connoisseur blog, as well as several online art and vehicle websites. I received so many encouraging comments via email, text, and during the exhibition. It was truly a pleasure to share my vintage car, motorcycle, and airplane paintings. BIG THANKS to Link & Pin Gallery for showing my paintings in September. This solo event also opened doors for my art in several different areas.
First, I was contacted by a gallery in Las Vegas regarding a possible painting for a charity exhibition. Next, I was contacted by a city approximately 6hrs away. We are working together for a delightful exhibition in Spring 2018. Last, I was contacted by a gallery I have had an artist crush on for quite a while. More information to follow on that soon. *wink*
Events in September/October:
- Statewide Texas Art Hop at Georgetown Art Center Gallery
- National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society Best of America at Castle Gallery
- American Women Artists at the Tucson Desert Art Museum
- Art Palm Beach – WTF exhibition (Poets & Artists Magazine & Sirona Gallery), Jan 2018
- Lubbock Arts Festival, April 2018
PUBLICATIONS & MEDIA: I’m so honored to have my paintings and/or my writing in the following magazines/websites:
- Cover Art (Rolls Royce Phantom) for City of Round Rock, Texas – Arts & Culture City Guide
CHARITY EVENTS: I try to donate artwork to one charity a year. In 2017, two charities approached me. I was so drawn to their causes, that I participated in both:
- First was the Build Hope, Not Walls Charity Event. 150 national artists created a unique piece of art on a brick or brick dimensions. I painted a classic vehicle on a brick (the canvas we are all using) as I wanted to acknowledge the vehicles from our past that are driving in Cuba. This exhibition raised over $26,000 for four charities that help immigrants and those making a better life in America.
- The second charity was the Susan G Komen Foundation. F1 sports commentator, Will Buxton, partnered with Speed City Broadcasting to hold his annual Buxton Bash a few days before Formula 1 at the Circuit of the Americas track . Speed City worked with me to donate one of my limited edition giclees (Ford GT #68 shown here) for the charity. With my donation, tickets to Stevie Wonder & Justin Timberlake, and race car driving at CotA through Edge Addicts, we were able to raise over $30,000 to fight breast cancer. I’m so proud to be a part of these great causes!
WHAT AM I PAINTING?: Fun fact: I’m the human equivolent of a squirrel. I’m always busy, distracted, and moving around. This characteristic helps me to create new artwork within a few weeks. To be honest, I was incredibly tired after my solo exhibition and planned on taking off a week to rest. With deep sadness, I share that my husband’s 92yo nana (and a dear friend of mine) passed in her sleep that week. For several weeks, my body, mind, and spirit were tired. I felt like a shadow had come over me. I wasn’t my cheerful self and needed to be with family, stay in my pajamas, and binge watch our DVR. Looking back now, I know I needed to grieve. I miss my sweet 92yo friend.
Happily, I am back to painting now. I will have a new painting posted on my website next week. After that, I plan on starting my new SPEED series which will be about super/hyper and racing vehicles. I’ve had numerous requests for them, and plan on starting off with a stunner.
ARTWORK TO COLLECTORS: 6 giclees and 2 paintings have gone to collectors recently. For one of my sold paintings, the collector and I donated 50% of the sale price to Vet Ranch . My husband’s work matches 100% donations to charities, so we were able to double our donation to help injured animals. To my new collectors, HELLO and thank you for supporting fine artists like myself. Please note that any future purchases you make from me receive a 10% price reduction for returning clients.
A HAPPY EVENT: One goal that I’ve had as an artist is to be included on the phenomenal site, Artsy. This site features artists and galleries from around the world. It is the perfect place to find new work, exhibitions, and up and coming artists. My painting for the WTF exhibition at Art Palm Beach is now on the site. I sincerely want to thank Poets and Artists (Didi) for sharing my work on Artsy (and especially for including me in the WTF exhibition). It is a honor and I plan on having many more paintings coming at you in the near future.
As always, THANK YOU for your kind emails and replies to my posts. Clearer images of my newest works are on my webpage below. My paintings are available for purchase unless otherwise stated that they are in collections. Feel free to contact me regarding purchase, shipping options, or commissions.
|Limited Edition giclee prints of my Cadillac El Dorado, Chevrolet Pick Up Truck, and Volkswagen Samba/Kombi Bus are also available on my website.FORD GT #68 and 1930 Indian Scout Motorcycle coming November 1! These giclee prints are numbered (only 25 issued), signed, dated, and come with a Letter of Authenticity. Shipping/insurance/signature confirmation is included with giclee pricing. Order soon for holiday gift giving!!
Have a fantastic November!