Hello Car & Motorcycle Art Lovers!
Well, May was hectic and that craziness spilled right into June. As we are looking at July in just a few days, I wanted to share all the great moments over these last months regarding my art and writing. Let’s start with the photo here. This is a painting that I finished this month, a 1957 Chrysler Imperial, 20″x20″1.5″ acrylic on canvas. I submitted this painting to the National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society “Best of America Exhibition” annual event. The exhibition will be at the Castle Gallery in Indiana from October-November . Notifications go out at the end of July. I’m waiting to hear if I was accepted. *crossing fingers*
Events in May/June and BIG NEWS:
- CURRENT EXHIBITIONS: Texas State University BIG Show with Rolls Royce Phantom
- UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS: I was accepted for the “Under a Vast Sky”, 2017 Annual Master & Signature Members Show and National Juried Exhibition. This is with the American Women Artists, and will take place at the Tucson Desert Art Museum from October 13-December 3.
- UPCOMING PUBLICATIONS: In May/June, I have been busy with publications. I’m honored to have either articles I’ve written, or articles about my work coming up in the following magazines/blogs:
- *Pinstriping and Kustom Graphics Magazine – Featured Artist (in 2017)
- *Soferina – Featured Artist (Greek Car magazine, scheduled for 2017)
- *Where Women Create Business – Featured Artist (October 2017)
- *Creative Quarterly Magazine – Featured Artist Winner (Summer 2017)
- *North Light Books AcrylicWorks5 (May 2018)
- *Bevie Magazine/Looking Glass Issue – Featured Artist (July 2017)
- *In2Motorsports – Featured Artist (June 2017)
- *Throttle Gals Magazine – Featured Artist (to be announced)
- *Last, I have an interview the first week of July to be one of the featured artists/writers for Manhattan Arts International.
- UPCOMING CHARITY EVENT: I am unable to share the painting just yet, but I have been asked to be one of the 150 national artists to participate in the Build Hope, Not WallsCharity Event. This charity event will take place in October, and one of my classic vehicle paintings will be auctioned off. I’m thrilled to be part of this worthy cause. You can see the YouTube introduction here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwgMcFLlKuo
- RESIDENCIES: Sadly, I wasn’t awarded the Georgia Fee Artist Residency for Paris, France. I must confess, being one of the 13 international artist/writer finalists was a HUGE moment for me. Although I was sad to not receive it, I am very happy for the poet they chose. Since hearing about the France residency, I have applied for 4 other residencies (San Francisco, New York, Vermont, and Italy). All are for 2018. I’m crossing my fingers that I am awarded one, and can paint up a storm in a new location. Thank goodness for my supportive husband of 27yrs. He is encouraging me to follow my dreams, and I couldn’t be more thankful for him.
- NEW PAINTINGS IN MAY/JUNE: I finished the painting above, the charity piece mentioned, and am currently working on FOUR other pieces. One of them is the new Ford GT shown below.
As always, THANK YOU for your kind emails and replies to my posts. Clearer images of my newest works are on my webpage below. My paintings are available for purchase unless otherwise stated that they are in collections. Feel free to contact me regarding purchase, shipping options, or commissions.
|Limited Edition giclee prints of my Cadillac El Dorado, Chevrolet Pick Up Truck, and Volkswagen Samba/Kombi Bus are also available on my website. These giclee prints are numbered (only 25 issued), signed, dated, and come with a Letter of Authenticity. Shipping/insurance/signature confirmation is included with giclee pricing.|
Have a fantastic July!