Hello Car & Motorcycle Art Lovers!
Whew! April was quite a month.
This month has been incredibly busy for me. So many wonderful things have happened with my paintings and career. Where to begin? Let’s start with the photo here. This is a painting that I finished this month, a 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III Parkward Sedanca deVille, 48″x72″x1.5″ acrylic on canvas. I submitted this painting to the annual statewide BIG Show held at the Texas State University. I’m waiting to hear if I was accepted.
Events this month:
- CURRENT EXHIBITIONS: Sent 2 paintings to national exhibitions: Salmagundi Club in NYC and Hilton Head Biennale in South Carolina. Both shows are coming up next week.
- UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS: I was accepted for the international HERstory online exhibition. More than 300 women artists from around the world applied, and I am honored to have been chosen.
- PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS: I am the newest member of the International Guild of Realism. This prestigious organization accepts realist artists from around the world. I submitted my application almost 6wks ago at the urging of a wonderful curator and fellow artisans. I’m THRILLED to have my work alongside artists I admire.
- NEW PAINTINGS IN APRIL: I completed a delightful 1972 Norton Commando 750 motorcycle commission (shown below). I also completed the Rolls Royce Phantom shown above.
- TELEVISION INTERVIEW: I was interviewed for our local television station, KXAN Studio512, about my paintings and process.
- FRANCE RESIDENCY: My BIGGEST news is that I am on the shortlist for the annual Georgia Fee Artist Residency in Paris, France. This international competition is open to writers and artists. Over June/July, the sole winner will have an apartment in Paris to create new works. I can’t tell you what a honor it is to be on the short list for this residency. My family has been incredibly supportive of me, and want me to go. I am ready to take this new step in my painting career. My goal while there would be to attend LeMans, several car/motorcycle events, and perhaps a manufacturer like Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault. I have a new camera that will be working overtime to take reference photos for new works. Especially race cars from LeMans. I have my first Skype interview with the board this Sunday. Should I advance to the next level, I will have a 2nd interview, and then a decision will be made. I GREATLY APPRECIATE all good thoughts that I knock ’em off their feet and see how passionate I am about my art and creating in France.
- INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINE ARTICLES: My 2017 Harley Davidson CVO Streetglide motorcycle painting was included in the Average Art Magazine in the United Kingdom. I’m also excited to share that I am working on an article for Soferina Magazine in Greece. This article will be out in the next few months.
- NEW WORKS FOR MAY: 4′ Ford GT, 1959 Chevrolet Impala, vehicle from Goodwood Festival of Speed (to be announced)
As always, thank you for your kind emails and replies to my posts. Clearer images of my newest works are on my webpage below. My paintings are available for purchase unless otherwise stated that they are in collections. Feel free to contact me regarding purchase and shipping options.
|Limited Edition giclee prints of my Cadillac El Dorado, Chevrolet Pick Up Truck, and Volkswagen Samba/Kombi Bus are also available on my website. These giclee prints are numbered (only 25 issued), signed, dated, and come with a Letter of Authenticity. Shipping/insurance/signature confirmation is included with giclee pricing.|
NOTE: Father’s Day is around the corner! I love creating personalized commissions. Send me a message regarding pricing and shipping options.
Have a fantastic May!